From 04.07.2022, 2-factor authentication will be activated for all. A further step towards even more security is intended to create trust among end customers and partners. Based on today’s standards, this intermediate step was built in to ensure enhanced security. To compare with a door and two locks of an extended security. A further step towards even more security is intended to create trust among end customers and partners. Based on today’s standards, this intermediate step was built in to ensure enhanced security. To compare with a door and two locks of an extended security. When introducing a system, it is normal to move away from familiar procedures and to have to learn new steps. The system is simple and practical to use.
To make the configuration a little easier for you, here is a step-by-step guide on how to configure 2FA.
There are a total of three different 2-factor authentication systems available. Our recommendation is to configure at least two. When setting up Mobile APP and SMS, the e-mail is activated at the same time.
Mobile APP / OTP application for partners and end customers
SMS for end customers only
E-mail for partners and end customers
- Mobile APP / OTP application for partners and end customers
- SMS for end customers only
- E-Mail für Partner und Endkunden
- E-mail address
- Mobile APP / Google Authenticator or another OTP application
- Mobile SMS
Set up for Mobile APP/Google Authenticator
peoplefone supports the Google Authenticator for iPhone and Android devices, which can be downloaded from the APP Store and Google Play. However, other OTP applications can also be used.
- To set up 2-factor authentication for the Mobile APP, go to Login Settings
- Click on the play button for Mobile APP
- Here you can download the Authenticator for your device
- Please answer security questions with YES
- If you don’t have a camera and can’t scan the QR code, then activation can also be done via setup keys.
- Enter the code displayed by Authenticator in the field and click Save
The Mobile APP is set as the default application, and for security reasons, authentication for e-mail is also activated at the same time.
Set up authentication via SMS
To set up 2-factor authentication via SMS.
- Click the play button at SMS
- Select the country and enter your mobile number
- peoplefone will send you back an SMS, enter the received code in the field and click Save
- If you have not received an SMS, click on Resend SMS
After successful setup, the jam is displayed as Active for the respective authentication.
Set up authentication via e-mail
In your customer account, you can enable 2-factor authentication in the Login Settings.
- Click the play button to enable 2-factor authentication via Mobile App, SMS or email.
- Your login email address will be used as default, this can also be changed later.
- Enter a valid email address, our recommendation is to use an alternative email address. Take a different one than the login email you already use.
- We will send you a confirmation email, please click verify email address
After successful activation, the status is displayed as Active for the respective authentication.
Select default authentication
You can define yourself which should be your default authentication system. Click on an asterisk that is not filled in. If the star is filled in and green, you have successfully selected the default authentication system.
Here the default authentication is SMS.
If all else fails and you don’t have access to email, mobile app or SMS, then there is always the option of using a one-time password (a scratch list). We recommend keeping this in a safe place for security reasons. A password can only be used once at a time.
- You can view the codes – Show Backup Codes
- You can also replace the codes – Replace Backup Codes
- Save the one-time passwords or print them out
- Keep these passwords in a safe place