- peoplefone HOSTED account (Registration)
- valid login (email) attached with a peoplefone HOSTED user (Order)
- Supported Browsers: Google Chrome, Chromium (Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi, usw.)
When you have a valid peoplefone HOSTED account and a login (email) attached to a user, you can log-in into the softphone via this link: https://softphone.peoplefone.com
The peoplefone chrome extension provides the click & call function and the notification feature. You can install it via this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/peoplefone-softphone-exte/egdokdcibedkodjiodgapdplgloblkim
To have the best experience with our softphone, we recommand to install this extension !
To configure/select the audio device, you must go into the Audio Settings.
You can configure the audio device IN/OUT and the device used to play the ringing tone when an incoming call is received.
We recommend to use the same device for the audio IN and OUT
If you have a compatible headset and the correct software/extension installed (see headset ), you can configure the softphone to automatically use the headset when it is available.
To enable this option, check that your device has been fully detected:
and enable the option Automatically use headset. This option is only available if a compatible headset is detected.
You have the possibility to see the call state (available, busy, ringing) of other users within the same peoplefone HOSTED PBX.
to add a user, click on the pen on the right corner
and select the different users within your peoplefone HOSTED.
Dialing / Central menu
Via this keypad, you can dial any number and you can also directly search for a contact in your phone book by providing a contact name.
If a contact has multiple numbers, after clicking on the dial you will be able to select the correct one.
The personal/company phonebook are synced with the customer portal so you can manage your contact list directly from the customer interface. For the company list, you must check with your peoplefone HOSTED administrator.
You will find more information on how to manage this feature in the following article: Company Phonebook
You can see all calls (placed/received/missed) from the softphone and
you can directly call back any number from this list.
Active call management
All active calls are displayed in this area.
A call can be in different states, the line on the right indicates the state of the call:
- A green line indicates a connected call
- A blue line indicates an incoming call
- An orange line indicates a call is on hold
- A violet line indicates a call is in a conference
Available functions during an active call
This option opens a keypad that can be used to type digits for IVR announcement
Mute / Un-mute
Mute or un-mute the call. If a call is muted, your mic is disabled but you can still hear the other party.
Hold / un hold a call
Used to place a call on hold and re-connect them
If you are in an active call and you start a new call or answer an incoming call, the active/connected call will be automatically placed on hold.
If you have only one connected call and you press the transfer button, then you can initiate an immediate call transfer. For an attended transfer, place the connected call first on hold, then call the next person for a transfer.
for detailed information, please read the services descriptions
Currently we support maximum 5 simultaneous calls during a conference
Call transfer – Details
The softphone allows for a direct call transfer (without announcement) and an attended call transfer. Both features are trigged via the call transfer button of an active call or call on hold.
Direct transfer, (without annoucement)
On an active call or a call on hold, press the transfer button .
You will see that call button of internal users, keypad, phonebook will change in a blue call transfer button. To do the transfer without announcement, you just need to click the transfer button of the select destination.
to transfer a call with announcement, you must:
- place the connected call on hold and start a second call (you can also directly start a second call, the system will automatically place the connected call on hold).
- when the new call is connected, press the transfer button.
- select the other call to connect by pressing his transfer button .
If you have installed the extension, the peoplefone SOFTPHONE will display a notification when there is an incoming call. The control for this can be done via the browser and the system settings. The call can also be answered or rejected via the notification.
If you have a firewall in place that is blocking outgoing traffic, you will need to open port for the signalisation and the voice. You will find more info in the following article: Required Firewall Rules
We support the integration with several Jabra headsets via the integration module provided by Jabra.
With this integration, it’s possible to use many features provided by the headset like: answer/terminate call from the headset, mute the call, … moreover, if the softphone detects the headset it can automatically configure the headset as main audio source.
All headsets can be used. Headset call Management currently only through Jabra and Poly (Plantronics, Polycom) headsets.
Jabra devices supported
According to the Jabra browser integration website, this library supports all professional Jabra headsets and Jabra speakerphones like the Jabra Evolve series, the Jabra Pro series, the Jabra Biz series, the Jabra Speak series, and the Jabra Engage series.
peoplefone has not tested all devices and if you need to select a new headset we recommend to check with Jabra if this specific device is fully supported.
Jabra Browser Integration Extension
1. Open Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
2. Search for Jabra Browser Interation Extension
Jabra Browser Integration Extension – Chrome Web Store
3. A blue bar appears under the URL of the page -> click on the button “Add to Chrome”
4. Activate / allow the pop-up
5. On the page (next to the title) click on the blue button «Add».
6. Allow the pop-up one last time£
7. Extension is activated in the edge.
8. Check the softphone settings.
- If the SRTP option is enable some feature are not working correctly, actually the work around is to disable the SRTP feature.
- If you are using a bluetooth headset, such as the Jabra Evolve 75, you must use the bluetooth dongle supplied with the device.