Send faxes without devices
To send a fax without a device you can use the free function Email2Fax.
You can activate it directly in your Peoplefone account.
You will find the user manual below as well as in your Peoplefone account.
Sending a fax will be charged like as a normal fax, per connection per minute to the destination number directly on to your peoplefone account.
Send an e-mail
Open a new email and make sure that the sender corresponds with the given e-mail address
Fill out the following fields
To/An: Write the fax number followed by:
- “@p-fax.com” for peoplefone Switzerland,
- “@p-fax.de” for peoplefone Germany
- “@p-fax.at” for peoplefone Austria
- “@p-fax.fr” for peoplefone France
Examples (You can have multiple receivers)
Cc/Bcc: These fields aren’t considered
Subject: Fill in your password here. The password is indicated in your peoplefone customer portal Configuration → peoplefone FAX
Text and attachment: You can now write an e-mail text and attach the pdf-files you want to fax. You can send multiple faxes. The limit is 20 megabytes per file and there is a maximum of 30 megabytes per e-mail.
After sending: You will receive a confirmation e-mail of the sent fax with the recipient number, day and time as well as a PDF of the sent file as an attachment, after approximately 10 minutes.
Note: The time it takes depends on the transmission time
The most common mistakes
No confirmation e-mail
- Make sure the e-mail address and password are the same as the ones you set in your peoplefone customer portal Configuration → peoplefone FAX.
- Check that the fax number followed by @p-fax.com is correct, for example [email protected]
- Also pay attention to unwanted spaces.
A fax can fail for multiple reasons:
- The entered fax number is not a fax number.
- The fax number may be blocked or not reachable.
- You don’t have enough credit on your Peoplefone account.
- The e-mail or the PDF-files are to big.