To ensure the correct routing of emergency numbers, a verified address must be stored in the system. The addresses are verified using Swiss Post’s Swiss Roads Directory. Foreign numbers are assigned to a Swiss address by default, but are not taken into account in emergency routing.
ATTENTION: Emergency numbers can only be guaranteed within the respective country.
CH Account → Emergency call Switzerland
DE Account → Emergency call Germany
AT Account → Emergency call Austria
FR Account → Emergency call France
What do you have to do?
- Create a contact for each location (where is the contact, location, person physically)
- Assign contact to the SIP line or the peoplefone HOSTED user (emergency call outbound routing)
- Store contact in the number block (identification of the location for the SIP line and peoplefone HOSTED user / display for the emergency call center)
Contacts – Locations
If you own several locations, then you have the possibility of appointing a contact for each location:
Profile → Addresses / Contacts
- Click Add Address and Contact
- Enter the details accordingly and save the information
Emergency Call SIP → SIP Line / TRUNK
If you have a SIP line or a trunk, then you have to provide the correct contact for the respective location for the emergency number routing to work properly.
Configuration→ SIP Lines / Users → Edit address
- Click on the pencil tool
- Select an address
Identification of the location for the telephone numbers
ATTENTION: In order for the emergency calls to be identified at the emergency call centre, the emergency call contact must be stored at the call number level.
Configuration→ Numbers → Edit
- Define the contact for the identification of the emergency number